Sales Development Leader
Full Time - Flexible
Are you ready to mobilize your commercial experience inside an energy company to drive the entire industry’s evolution? Arbo’s vision is to modernize energy commerce, and we are seeking an entrepreneurial professional excited about technology to lead the sales and business development of our growing software-as-a-service company.
Do you have experience originating, scheduling, trading, or marketing liquids, natural gas, and or renewables infrastructure? Have you been frustrated by the lack of digital solutions for finding routes-to-market, connecting to counterparties, and integrating all the data needed across your teams? Would you like to make a larger impact on the industry to enable the imperative energy evolution and sustain our country's energy independence?
That’s Arbo’s purpose, and we are working with our blue chip customer base to digitally connect wholesale energy markets and infrastructure across existing and emerging commodities. The Sales Development Leader (SDL) will create and grow customer relationships to understand how their commercial teams can improve - with Arbo - the workflow and collaboration enabling energy transportation and transactions.
The SDL will collaborate closely with product marketing to originate, nurture, negotiate and close account-based deals to drive platform usage, customer success and Arbo revenue growth.
About the Role - Core Responsibilities
The objective of the SDL role is to understand and communicate the value proposition of Arbo software, data, and services to relevant accounts and personas to drive new account sales and revenue.
Success requires collaborating cross-functionally with the marketing, customer success, and product teams, supporting the executive team, and embracing the Arbo brand and culture. The SDL is a manager eligible to supervise direct reports and will help recruit and build a team.
- Originate new prospect and customer relationships by researching, targeting, qualifying, nurturing, and selling leads and accounts via cold and warm outreach.
- Communicate the value of Arbo offerings to enterprise teams and individual users in core energy professional personas, such as marketers, business developers, asset operators, and traders by leveraging industry expertise, use case understanding, and relationships.
- Steward the growth of Arbo’s sales business-to-business function by developing best practices and account capture strategies and playbooks and training new team members.
- Establish relationships with decision-makers at prospect and existing customer accounts.
- Manage the deal funnel end-to-end, maintain the target account list, lead account planning and analysis, and collaborate cross functionally on pricing and deal structure decisions.
- Lead or collaborate on product demonstrations and work with the product team to collect and analyze “voice of customer” data to inform new user stories and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with marketing and customer success managers on all aspects of customer segmentation, account planning, and communications across the lifecycle with a focus on value delivery, renewals and expansion opportunities.
- Collect, input, analyze, and maintain customer data in the customer relationship management (CRM), service, and email marketing systems. (HubSpot)
Enterprising | Committed | Curious | Relationship Focused
Your empathy for customers and ability to listen and communicate allows you to establish trust, comprehend their problems, and diagnose how Arbo software and services fit into solutions.
You are able to grasp the complex issues and dynamics at the intersection of energy markets, industry, and technology and how they impact the needs and user experiences of commercial energy professionals.
Your persistence is fundamental to your success, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
You are able to grasp the complex issues and dynamics at the intersection of energy markets, industry, and technology and how the impact the needs and user experiences of commercial energy professionals.
- Opportunities to apply your commercial energy experience to a new industry wide challenge and accelerate your career growth by growing a team and company committed to well defined values, a compelling purpose, and a mission that matches visible market opportunities.
- To work for a company with a culture that fosters teamwork, relationships, candor, humility, and commitment and invests in your professional development.
- Autonomy to achieve results in a way that doesn’t limit your creativity or the flexibility you need to integrate your professional and personal life.
- An ownership stake in your company that creates long term team alignment and additional profit sharing opportunities beyond a competitive salary.
- To create and maintain relationships directly with industry decision-makers to discover their business drivers and needs.
- To apply your knowledge, communication skills, and creativity to solving customers’ problems to drive their revenue and Arbo’s.
- Commercial experience - in the energy industry and in a commercial role involving commodity production, transportation, or transactions and an understanding of associated value chains, economics, products, and infrastructure.
- Strong interest - in a combination of energy industry fundamentals, business administration, entrepreneurship, and software technology.
- Communication and customer orientation - customer facing and relationship management skills and written and verbal communication skills a track record of building relationships with diverse stakeholders in a business context.
- Business acumen and entrepreneurship - proven business acumen developed from experience in commercial organizations and a desire to work in entrepreneurial environments.
- Leadership and results - demonstrated experience or potential to manage people and teams and develop direct reports. A proven track record for measuring and achieving results.
Location & Work Environment
The position is full time in Houston, TX
It is eligible for a flexible work schedule and frequent remote work.
This position requires ability to effectively work and collaborate in a remote and office environment. The incumbent will need to utilize a variety of widely used productivity information technology tools, such as Google Docs and Slack and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, both one-on-one, and in team settings.
10% travel is required to support knowledge of industry and when needed as part of product management, marketing and customer success functions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience.
- Base salary, plus commission and opportunities for equity
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
Equal OpportunityArbo is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.