Houston, TX | Washington, D.C.
Join a dynamic growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company delivering software technology, analytics, and advisory services to blue chip energy and financial industry customers.
Arbo is modernizing energy commerce to enable the energy evolution by digitally connecting wholesale energy markets and infrastructure. We seek driven and curious team members interested in accelerated professional growth in the world’s most important industry to join our product team.
About the Role
The Product Manager (PM) will ensure Arbo is building the right product(s) and features for our customers to drive user acquisition and retention and revenue providing business context to the development team and making decisions that drive growth and are reflected on an evergreen roadmap.
Our agile team combines the creativity, innovation processes, and data orientation of a tech company with the ethos of the critically important and rapidly transforming energy industry.
Product management is at the center of our vision and creates the intersection between engineering and customer success by discovering, designing, developing, testing, and launching software products that digitize the workflows, collaboration, and transactions that enable the transportation of energy.
The PM leads and continuously improves agile discovery, development, and delivery processes and is critical to translating voice of customer into actionable user stories and making priority and resourcing decisions.
The PM is a manager eligible to supervise direct reports and can be customer facing. Additional responsibilities may include periodic support of sales & marketing efforts such as conducting product demos and contributing to creating marketing content. They will support the executive team by achieving the product roadmap and will embrace the Arbo culture and brand.
You are able to grasp the complex issues and dynamics at the intersection of energy markets, industry, and technology and how the impact the needs and user experiences of commercial energy professionals.
Enterprising | Committed | Curious | Product Minded
Your data and design driven approach to product development allows you to build intuitive, reliable, sticky products.
Your persistence is fundamental to your success, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exposure or desire to work in an entrepreneurial environment
- Product Development - experience developing a product from inception, delivering it to market, and continuously refining based on internal cross functional team and customer feedback.
- Software Development - experience working with software engineers in agile teams. Familiarity with cloud-based web services architectures and functionality. Experience with API product management, design, and testing.
- Project Management - proven track record of end-to-end execution of projects utilizing agile process(es) and tools for task and milestone planning and resource allocation. Familiarity with tools such as JIRA, Slack, Confluence, Amplitude, etc.
- Industry Knowledge - exposure to or strong interest in the energy industry including understanding of associated value chains, macro economics, products, and associated infrastructure.
- Business Acumen and Entrepreneurship - proven business acumen developed from experience in commercial (for profit) organizations experiencing rapid growth and innovating new products. Strong desire to work in entrepreneurial environments.
- Leadership and Results - demonstrated experience or potential to manage people and teams and develop direct reports. A proven track record for measuring and achieving results.
- Communication and Customer Orientation - strong customer facing and relationship management skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills across all channels and mediums.
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field of study.
A PLUS IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Experience with the energy industry.
- Experience or exposure to the FinTech industry and associated software technologies
- Exposure or experience with product led growth frameworks
- Opportunities to accelerate your career growth and by building modern software products and growing a team and company.
- To create and maintain relationships directly with client decision-makers to discover their business drivers and needs.
- To work across all functions of a growing business and make a direct contribution to its brand equity.
- To work for a company and with a team committed to well defined values, a compelling purpose, and a mission that matches visible market opportunities.
- A management team that encourages and invests in your professional development and has the capabilities and commitment to achieve their vision.
- Autonomy to achieve results in a way that doesn’t limit your creativity or the flexibility you need to integrate your professional and personal lives.
- To have an ownership stake in your company that creates long term team alignment and additional profit sharing opportunities beyond a competitive salary.
Location & Work Environment
The position is full time in Houston, TX or Washington, D.C.
It is eligible for a flexible work schedule and frequent remote work.
This position requires ability to effectively work and collaborate in a remote and office environment. The incumbent will need to utilize a variety of widely used productivity information technology tools, such as Google Docs and Slack and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, both one-on-one, and in team settings.
10% travel is required to support knowledge of industry and when needed as part of product management, marketing and customer success functions.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience.
- Base salary, plus opportunities for equity
- Expected Range $115,000 - $140,000
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
Arbo is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.