Director of Oil Regulatory Research
Full time opportunity — Washington D.C.
Join a dynamic software, data, and services company delivering regulatory and business intelligence, analytics and expert services to blue chip energy and financial industry customers.
Arbo’s commitment to customers supports a shared mission to modernize energy infrastructure and accelerate America’s energy evolution to evermore sustainable, secure, and cleaner sources.
We seek enterprising purpose-driven team members interested in accelerated professional growth in the world’s most important industry.
We work across functions as part of one team while enjoying the autonomy to make decisions and organize work and life in a way that maximizes well-being and productivity.
Our strong core values and culture create connections and a high energy environment that maintains the discipline needed to drive results alongside a casual and candid atmosphere that easily allows authenticity.
Successful Arbonauts tend to have these goals and traits in common:
- Seek purpose in their career
- Have a strong interest in business administration
- Bring a leadership and ownership point of view to their endeavors
- Possess strong core values and judgment
- Excel in a functional discipline and enjoy multitasking across functions
- Value as compensation equity ownership in a company
- Value a hybrid work from anywhere environment
- Thrive with autonomy and are undaunted by ambiguity
- Pursue continuous improvement and learning
About the Role
The Director of Oil Regulatory Research (DOR) will lead the research, analysis, and dissemination of liquids pipeline and marketplace regulatory and commercial intelligence to Arbo customers by producing research content and leading consulting engagements.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Conducting research, analyzing data, and developing findings on oil and liquids energy transportation industry events and using to write and publish content for the Arbo ArView insights research products and industry thought leadership, such as LinkedIn and other trade journal articles, media interviews, and speaking engagements with customers, trade groups, the media, and other stakeholders.
- Directly supporting customer inquiries and leading consulting engagements to anticipate and interpret industry regulatory filings and related proceedings and litigation, and to leverage the Arbo Liquids Commerce Platform and tariff database for actionable asset and market impacting intelligence.
- Monitoring relevant federal agency, congressional, and state policy proposals and actions and analyzing the impacts on oil and liquids transportation and trading customers assets, commodity positions, and strategies. This would include attending hearings and agency meetings and interacting with policy influencers such as think tanks and trade associations.
- Collaborating on ideation and roadmapping for new analytical products including developing plans and tracking tasks and milestones in project management and agile development applications.
- Supporting marketing, and customer success activities, such as training, pitch presentation, issue resolutions, identifying target accounts, and conducting cold and warm outreach.
Enterprising | Energetic | Committed | Candid | Analytical
- Seek growth opportunities focused on engaging the energy industry as a thought leader and delivering value to customers directly and by leading a team.
- Enjoy creating and maintaining relationships directly with client decision-makers to provide timely and unique viewpoints that influence their essential decisions.
- Effectively communicate, establish trust, and problem solve with business professionals and internal teammates.
- Comprehend customer problems involving complex issues at the intersection of energy markets, strategy, law, business, and technology.
- Associate with companies and teams committed to well defined values, a compelling purpose, and a mission that matches visible market opportunities.
- Value a management team that encourages and invests in your professional development and has the capabilities and commitment to achieve their vision.
- Thrive when given autonomy to achieve results in a way that doesn’t limit your creativity or the flexibility you need to integrate your professional and personal lives.
- Desire an ownership stake in your company that creates long term team alignment and additional profit sharing opportunities beyond a competitive salary.
- deep knowledge of energy markets and commodities at the macro and firm level with a focus on commercial operations in regulated sectors.
- specialized knowledge of oil pipeline regulatory filings, proceedings, terminology, processes, and information databases at the federal and state levels.
- understanding and experience analyzing other regulatory and policy dynamics related to energy infrastructure development and operations.
- business acumen developed from experience in commercial organizations.
- a leadership point of view and desire to mentor, teach, and lead people.
- a pattern of achievement and track record for measuring and achieving results.
- at least 4-6 years relevant experience in data oriented consulting to energy value chain.
- understanding and practice working with analytics and/or business intelligence software products either as producer or consumer/user.
- exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
- B.S or B.A in relevant field and advanced degree preferred.
Location & Work Environment
The position is based in Washington D.C.
We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely. The position requires travel 10% of the time.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- Base salary, plus opportunities for incentive stock options
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
Arbo is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.