PT Spring Internship — Immediate start
Potential conversion to FT upon graduation
Join a dynamic growing software-as-a-service (SaaS) company delivering software technology, analytics, and advisory services to blue chip energy and financial industry customers.
Arbo is modernizing energy commerce to enable the energy evolution by digitally connecting wholesale energy markets and infrastructure. We seek driven and curious team members interested in accelerated professional growth in the world’s most important industry.
About the Role
The expansion of the marketing function is a 2022 strategic initiative to grow revenue across Arbo’s offerings of software analytics, research insights, data products, and advisory services to the gas, oil, and liquids E&P, trading and transportation industry value chains. Arbo’s vision is to modernize energy commerce to enable the energy evolution, which we will achieve by digitally connecting wholesale energy markets and infrastructure.
The MA will support all aspects of marketing with a focus on content creation and marketing automation operations. This internship will provide broad exposure and myriad opportunities to add value across marketing strategy and operations.
FUNCTION I. CONTENT MARKETING
Sustain Arbo’s top-of-funnel (TOFU) lead-gen content engine by supporting continuous creative calendar planning, development, and execution of campaigns to include whitepapers, infographics, videos, and more. Assist with development of middle-funnel (MOFU) consideration content strategy and execution — a strategic initiative for 2022 — to drive adoption of Arbo’s new liquids commerce platform. Monitor and report on metrics (hubspot, social, google search — paid and organic).
- Research and assist with authoring long form content, such as whitepapers and case studies to support thought leadership and lead generation.
- Support the marketing team to develop, measure, and optimize lead generation campaigns across multiple channels including web, email, organic social and paid.
- Support on-brand and product-relevant content calendar planning and ideation, a company-wide initiative led by the marketing team.
- Contribute to blog and social media publishing to increase web traffic(drive awareness) and support rapid growth of followership on LinkedIn.
- Research best practices as inputs to development of an SEO strategy and implementation plan across product web pages and blog/content pages.
- Participate in strategic planning and execution of a global web content refresh.
- Optional: (if applicable based on prior experience/skills) assist with graphic design of visual assets such as infographics, animated gifs, landing pages, etc.
FUNCTION II. MARKETING OPERATIONS
Further automate and measure marketing campaigns.
- Help collect and analyze product user data using tools like Amplitude to support marketing messaging development around value prop and user stories.
- Help collect, analyze, and report channel and campaign performance metrics to the extended team and leadership to evaluate the effectiveness (ROI) of marketing programs.
- Assist with designing and executing email marketing campaigns by programming work flows to connect identified personas to action triggered sequenced delivery of relevant content.
- Participate in target account AND contact-level research and CRM data cleanliness initiatives.
- Proactively contribute to the continuous improvement of Marketing processes.
The following skills and traits will be essential for success in this role:
- excellent multi-channel communications skills
- interest in and voracious pursuit of energy industry knowledge
- data and business acumen
- exposure to digital marketing tactics and automation platforms
- commitment to Arbo core values
- desire for accelerated professional development
- ability to thrive in entrepreneurial environment
Location & Work Environment
The position is located in Washington, D.C. with a flexible work schedule including both remote and on-premise time to be determined at WeWork in Navy Yard.
As such this role requires ability to effectively work and collaborate in a remote and office environment. The incumbent will need to utilize a variety of widely used productivity information technology tools, such as Google Docs and Slack and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, both one-on-one, and in team settings.
Arbo is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.