Customer Success Manager
Full time opportunity — remote
Join a dynamic software, data, and services company delivering regulatory and business intelligence, analytics and expert services to blue chip energy and financial industry customers.
Arbo’s commitment to customers supports a shared mission to modernize energy infrastructure and accelerate America’s energy evolution to evermore sustainable, secure, and cleaner sources.
We seek enterprising purpose-driven team members interested in accelerated professional growth in the world’s most important industry.
We work across functions as part of one team while enjoying the autonomy to make decisions and organize work and life in a way that maximizes well-being and productivity.
Our strong core values and culture create connections and a high energy environment that maintains the discipline needed to drive results alongside a casual and candid atmosphere that easily allows authenticity.
Successful Arbonauts tend to have these goals and traits in common:
- Seek purpose in their career
- Have a strong interest in business administration
- Bring a leadership and ownership point of view to their endeavors
- Possess strong core values and judgment
- Excel in a functional discipline and enjoy multitasking across functions
- Value as compensation equity ownership in a company
- Value a hybrid work from anywhere environment
- Thrive with autonomy and are undaunted by ambiguity
- Pursue continuous improvement and learning
About the Role
The objective of the CSM role is to maximize the value customers receive from their relationship with Arbo to drive renewals, expansions, referrals, and brand advocates. You will operate at the center of our vision and growth and the intersection between customers, product, sales, and marketing. By creating and growing customer relationships and understanding their needs, you will help integrate Arbo software, data, and services into customers’ workflows for energy transportation and commerce.
The CSM will manage a portfolio of approximately 50 customer accounts and own the processes that lead to revenue capture including account management, user onboarding, and CS related CRM data and workflows. Additional responsibilities may include periodic support of marketing and product efforts such as customer development and contributing to marketing content.
Success requires embracing the Arbo brand and culture and collaborating with the product, sales, and marketing teams to meet or exceed revenue retention and expansion targets.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead all aspects of customer communications across the lifecycle with a focus on value delivery, renewals and expansion opportunities.
- Lead product onboarding and demonstrations and work with the product team to collect and analyze “voice of customer” data to inform new user stories and product roadmaps.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing on account planning, and providing analysis and inputs to pricing and deal structure decisions.
- Collect, input, analyze, and maintain customer data in the customer relationship management (CRM), service, and email marketing system — Hubspot.
- Collaborate with marketing on product positioning, segmentation and persona development and planning. Support ideation, development and execution of account-based content marketing campaigns.
- Establish objectives and key results (OKRs) for accounts and a process for consistent reporting of OKRs to Arbo management.
- Design, implement and standardize processes and procedures across critical commercial functions to include:
- user onboarding & training
- customer service delivery and tracking
- invoicing and collections
- customer development
- Engage with customers as part of the sales and marketing (“smarketing”) team to support enterprise deals and ecommerce user acquisition.
Enterprising | Energetic | Committed | Candid | Humble | Personable
- are looking for a flexible work environment that maximizes autonomy while maintaining accountability.
- prefer a small business-to-business, growth focused culture with strong core values.
- are a strong written, verbal, and numerical communicator online and in-person.
- have a proven track record for measuring and achieving results.
- are interested in and able to to grasp the complex issues and dynamics at the intersection of energy markets, industry, and technology.
- experience building and managing relationships with customers and diverse stakeholders in a business context.
- experience in a business-to-business software, data, or technical services company serving large and small organizations.
- a bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience.
- proven business acumen developed from experience in commercial organizations.
- You have experience with implementation and operation of CRM and customer service applications such as HubSpot and Salesforce.
- You’ve worked in the energy technology sector and have a solid understanding of the energy value chain across traditional and renewable commodities.
- You have worked and excelled in small early stage growth companies.
Location & Work Environment
The position is eligible for a flexible full time work schedule and fully remote work.
It requires the ability to effectively work and collaborate in a remote environment by utilizing a variety of widely used productivity information technology tools (such as Google Docs and Slack) and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing, both one-on-one, and in team settings.
Arbo's offices are located in Washington D.C. and Houston, TX.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- Base salary, plus opportunities for incentive stock options
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
Arbo is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.