Business Development Leader
Full time opportunity — Houston, TX
Join a dynamic software, data, and services company delivering regulatory and business intelligence, analytics and expert services to blue chip energy and financial industry customers.
Arbo’s commitment to customers supports a shared mission to modernize energy infrastructure and accelerate America’s energy evolution to evermore sustainable, secure, and cleaner sources.
We seek enterprising purpose-driven team members interested in accelerated professional growth in the world’s most important industry.
We work across functions as part of one team while enjoying the autonomy to make decisions and organize work and life in a way that maximizes well-being and productivity.
Our strong core values and culture create connections and a high energy environment that maintains the discipline needed to drive results alongside a casual and candid atmosphere that easily allows authenticity.
Successful Arbonauts tend to have these goals and traits in common:
- Seek purpose in their career
- Have a strong interest in business administration
- Bring a leadership and ownership point of view to their endeavors
- Possess strong core values and judgment
- Excel in a functional discipline and enjoy multitasking across functions
- Value as compensation equity ownership in a company
- Value a hybrid work from anywhere environment
- Thrive with autonomy and are undaunted by ambiguity
- Pursue continuous improvement and learning
About the Role
The Director of Oil Regulatory Research (DOR) will lead the research, analysis, and dissemination of liquids pipeline and marketplace regulatory and commercial intelligence to Arbo customers by producing research content and leading consulting engagements.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Targeting, developing, qualifying, and selling leads and accounts via cold and warm outreach.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with decision makers and influencers at prospect and existing customer accounts.
- Leading strategic account planning, and providing analysis and inputs to pricing and deal structure decisions.
- Collecting, inputting, and maintaining customer data in the company customer relationship management (CRM) and email marketing systems and email.
- Collaborating cross-functionally on product positioning, segmentation and persona development and planning and executing account-based content marketing campaigns.
- Leading product demonstrations and working with the product team to collect and analyze “voice of customer” data to inform new user stories and product roadmaps.
Enterprising, Committed, Curious, and Relationship-focused.
You can communicate, establish trust, and problem solve with business professionals and internal teammates. Your dedication to learning and ability to listen will enable you to comprehend customer problems involving complex issues at the intersection of energy markets, strategy, law, business, and technology. Your persistence is fundamental to your success, and you thrive in an entrepreneurial environment.
- To accelerate your career growth focused on B2B sales by building and leading a sales organization and business.
- To work for a company and with a team committed to well defined values, a compelling purpose, and a mission that matches visible market opportunities.
- A management team that encourages and invests in your professional development and has the capabilities and commitment to achieve their vision.
- Autonomy to achieve results in a way that doesn’t limit your creativity or the flexibility you need to integrate your professional and personal lives.
- To have an ownership stake in your company that creates long term team alignment and additional profit sharing opportunities beyond the competitive salary and commissions you will earn.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study
- Experience in direct B2B sales or sales development roles, preferably for SaaS, data, and/or consulting
- A demonstrated interest in some combination of: energy industry fundamentals, business administration, entrepreneurship and innovation, computer software and technology
- Demonstrated initiative and relationship development and management skills
- Familiarity with proven sales techniques and CRM systems
- Exposure to and desire to work in entrepreneurial environments
Location & Work Environment
The position is based in Houston, TX.
We offer a collaborative and flexible work environment that includes opportunities for professional development and to work remotely. The position requires travel 30% of the time.
Compensation & Benefits
- Commensurate with experience
- Base salary, plus commission, opportunities for equity
- Employer sponsored health plans
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited paid time off
- Annual professional development budget
Arbo is committed to the recruitment, hiring, and promotion of qualified individuals and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, gender, affectional or sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, or veteran status.